Long-stay visas, regulated under the terms of the national legislation in force, can be for a temporary stay or for obtaining a residence permit, depending on the length of the stay and enable the holder to stay in Portugal in accordance with the reason: study, internship, work, medical treatment, among others.
The temporary stay visa is intended to allow entry to stays in Portugal for less than one year. This is valid for the duration of the stay and for multiple entries into the national territory.
The visa to obtain a residence permit is valid for two entries and for four months, during which the holder must apply for a residence permit from the Foreigners and Borders Service.
Foreign citizens, with valid residence permit, are entitled to family reunification with family members outside the national territory.
Therefore, before going to a Consular Post to apply for a residence visa for family reunification purposes, the foreign citizen who is entitled to the right must go to the Aliens and Borders Service in order to request approval of the family reunification in favor of family members.
As soon as family members are notified of the favorable decision, they can apply for a residence visa.
Conditions for obtaining Portuguese nationality:
- Age over 18 years or emancipation (independence) according to Portuguese law;
- Has descent from Portuguese Sephardic Jews;
- It belongs to a Sephardic community of Portuguese origin.
To obtain Portuguese Nationality, you cannot:
- Having been convicted of a crime punishable in Portugal with a prison sentence of 3 or more years;
- Having been involved in terrorist activities and behavior.
CONSULT OUR TEAM
Contact us, we help to clarify your doubts.